Are there any "hide photo" apps that do not change photo quality?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by ctsoxfan, Jan 4, 2012.

1. ctsoxfan macrumors member

I am looking for a simple app that hides photos on your iphone. I have tried a few paid apps, like PhotoSafe, and the problem seems to be that these apps create a new hidden folder and when you import your photos to that folder, the quality of the photo is reduced. When I export the photo back to the original iphone photo folder, it is fine.

So, what I am looking for is an app that hides photos, yet allows you to view them in the same quality as the iphone photo folder allows. You would think this is a given, as most of these "hide photo" apps don't mention how they reduce your picture quality, but they do. Anyone with actual experience with this that can advise me? Thank you for any help.

2. ctsoxfan thread starter macrumors member

Well, I guess the answer to this question is "no". But I still don't understand how all of these apps get away with basically lying to you about the quality of what you store not being affected. The app that bills itself as "PhotoSafe - #1 privacy app" is among the worst I've tried.

It's too bad there wasn't a way to password protect the actual iPhone photos folder. Maybe someone will come up with that.