Are there any left handed iPhone 4 users who AREN'T having reception issues?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rabmag, Jun 28, 2010.

1. rabmag macrumors member

I'm on the wait list at RadioShack for an iPhone 4 and I must admit, I'm quite apprehensive about getting the new iPhone 4 after learning of all the complaints about reception issues and how Steve's solution is simply just to not hold it a certain way.

I'm left handed and was wondering if there are any left handed iPhone 4 users that haven't experienced these reception issues or dropped calls?

I currently have a 3GS and the bars go down when I hold the phone, but quite honestly, I never noticed it until I started reading about all these reception issues with the iPhone 4. I've had a few dropped calls over the past year, but nothing that ever made me question my phone. My 3GS is simply the best phone I've ever owned.

2. nayaguilar, Jun 28, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  3. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

i have the awesome black ifrogz case and am left handed. my 3g service in my house is always fantastic. although speed tests on my 4 show that the signal is still great, my bars are fluctuating from 5 to sometimes down to 2 for no apparent reason when i hold it (with the case on). when it gets to 2 or 1 bar, sometimes the signal dies all together.

so yes, the issue very much exists. even if you have a case and are in a great network coverage zone

4. cschmelz macrumors 6502

I'm left handed, use the phone mostly in left hand.

ZERO issues

I love my iPhone 4....I think this is blown WAY out of proportion..

5. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

I don't get this left-handed thing. I am right handed and the phone is always in my left hand. It is the same if I am dialling, On the web or talking left hand only.

6. JonB3Z macrumors 6502

I don't get it either. I routinely hold phones -- cell or landline -- in my left hand in case I need to write a note with my right one.

7. fo0bar macrumors member

While I'm not left-handed, I usually hold the phone in my left hand while talking. I don't have problems because when it's in my left hand I tend to hold it by the sides only (4 left fingers in the middle of the right side, left thumb in the middle of the left side. Ironically it's when it's in my right hand that I have problems. When it's in my right hand, I tend to cup the phone, with the bottom right of the phone against my palm and my pinky and ring fingers pressing against the bottom left corner.

8. TrojanCMH macrumors newbie

I'm left handed and almost always hold the phone in my right hand, especially when talking on it. No issue and wouldn't have known about it until I read about in on the interwebs.

9. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I'm a lefty and I hold the phone in my left hand when talking. My natural holding position doesn't bridge the antennae, though. It's a minor issue when I'm using the phone to surf the web or whatnot, but even then I'm only having problems in areas that have marginal signal to begin with.

10. tikitommy macrumors regular

I've had zero problems. WOrks just fine if not better than my 3G

Only issue I have is one my wife has with her Samsung propel, we get no 3G in our condo on the 22nd floor.

11. Swampthing macrumors 6502a

Swampthing

No real problems with reception, other than - people seem to forget - normal cellular coverage issues. My bars don't even change if I completely cover the bottom left corner. Nor do I have yellowing on the screen. And amazingly I have dropped it about 4 times so far due to the slickness of the glass backing, and it has not even cracked or chipped.

Perhaps I have the "magical" model.

12. rabmag thread starter macrumors member

Sorry, most people i've seen hold the phone to their right ear.

Thanks everyone for helping to alleviate my apprehension. I plan on getting a case anyway, so perhaps I have nothing to fear :D

13. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

I was unable to replicate the problem. Tried very hard too. But mine won't do it. I am having proximity sensor issues though.