Are there any mbp upgrades?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blakeaunders, Sep 25, 2012.

1. blakeaunders macrumors newbie

I have a 15 inch 2011 mbp and its great and all but I love getting the most out of performance with stuff. I am upgraded the base 4gb ram to an 8gb ram soon and maybe in the near future (when my warranty is up) swap my hard drive for a solid state drive. I just want to know if there is anything else that I can put into or replace on my computer to get the best out of it?

2. afinch1992 macrumors 6502

afinch1992

ram is cheap and getting cheaper, you could do 16gb and never have to touch it again.

as for the ssd, it doesnt affect your warranty to replace either the hdd or ram. absolute worst case you have to put the original drive back in if it needs repair.

only thing additional you could do is put in an optibay to have a second storage volume(hdd or another ssd)

3. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Updating the RAM and putting in a new SSD is a great start. I honestly can't think of any more upgrades that would improve the computers performance. Also you do not have to wait to install an SSD, as it does not void the warranty.

4. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

You could remove the optical drive and run a storage drive in place of it or a second SSD in RAID.

5. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

6. bridgesldn macrumors newbie

You could possibly change the CPUs thermal paste,

Machine would run a bit cooler, although it would not be as significant as putting an SSD in.