Are there any mind mapping apps....

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jojoba, Nov 13, 2012.

1. jojoba macrumors 68000

...where you can navigate the nodes with the arrows on an external keyboard?

I have iThoughtsHD and MagicalPad, but it really frustrates me that neither accept my external keyboard input when it comes to navigation around a particular mind map.

2. apppad macrumors newbie

Mindmeister

I use MindMeister on the iPad, I'm not sure about the external keyboard though. I love the app and it does so much so maybe give it a try, it's free!

3. gummycat macrumors newbie

Ask the dev?

I use iThoughtsHD as well. I really love the app. If I were you, I would email the developer and see if that's a feature he could add. The iThoughtsHD dev seems to push out nice updates on a fairly regular basis.

4. jojoba thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks!

There turned out to be a couple of short cuts that I didn't know about when I wrote the OP: press enter tree times to create a sibling topic, and the space bar three times to create a child topic. This is hugely helpful.

I can't navigate around using the arrows, though. I've written to the developer to request this feature, but haven't heard anything back yet.

5. hval macrumors member

hval

I have probably tried all the iPad mind map products and, for me, iThoughtsHD is the best product.

Even so it does frustrate me sometimes. one example is that i like each topic to be a difefrent colour or range of colours. There may be away of getting iThoughtsHD to remember the "Rainbow" setting, but I have not found it. I also find thatv the colours tend to be quite similar.

Things I love about it are being bale to get to the start of a phrase in one of the boxes, or to the end simply and quickly. I wish I could attach files to a box as well. The box would show a paperclip on one corner of the box. Clicking on the paperclip would load a menu which would list the attachments and allow me to open the attachments.

I have a few other suggestions, but those would do for a start.

It is a good product.