Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jetsonhk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2008
I'm coming in to the US for about a month - is there anyway to get a pre-paid or monthly data/voice service in California for my iPhone? I don't know if I can live without 3G data services while I am out and about and don't want to try and track down wi-fi hot spots all the time in cities I'm not that familiar with.

On the flipside is their a California wide Wi-Fi service that has tons of hot spots? Or am I better with a monthly data plan if there is such a thing?

Thanks for your help y'all!

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Check on AT&Ts site for GoPhone plans. There used to be a unlimited option, that has been discontinued, but there are other options still available.

jetsonhk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 31, 2008
Thanks Slapguts - it seems I can get a plan at AT&T - a voice plan for $45/40 minutes and a unlimited data plan for $30 a month - not cheap but it is flexible. Thanks you're a saviour.

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
Thanks Slapguts - it seems I can get a plan at AT&T - a voice plan for $45/40 minutes and a unlimited data plan for $30 a month - not cheap but it is flexible. Thanks you're a saviour.

No problem, glad I could help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.