Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bali Cockfight

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 17, 2002
Chi Town
I want to use specific parts of songs for a PowerPoint presentation but PowerPoint doesnt allow a cutting function like iMovie where you can shorten songs or use specific parts of a song. I would like a program to create new files of chopped songs or music. That way I can import them into PowerPoint as is. Thanks

tag

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2005
For things like that I always liked the ease of use of Sound Studio. It's not free like audacity but it does offer a demo to try out first, and depending on when you got your Mac, some Macs used to come with the full version of Sound Studio.

Will_reed

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2005
yeah go with garageband unless by some off chance you have say Soundtrack which you would want to use instead.

JonHimself

macrumors 68000
Nov 3, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
One thing I found out by accident (just yesterday) was that you can use iTunes to do this. All you do is go to the Info on the song, then set the start time and end time to be where you want. Then just convert the file (even to the same bit-rate.. like click > convert to mp3 or whatever) then the new file will be whatever you had the start and end times set at.

lanray

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2005
pretty easy in garageband

For real - though the iTunes solution sounds simple, as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.