Are there any quick WIFI switchers out there?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by jmellens, Mar 18, 2011.

1. jmellens macrumors newbie

In my neighborhood as well as within my own home there are several WIFI routers I can connect to. Many times the iphone will not automatically switch to the network with the strongest signal and I need to go into settings>WIFI to manually choose the network I want. Are there any jailbroken tweaks that can help me with this? I was thinking either something that automatically connects to the best WIFI network (better than what's built in to 4.2.1 already) or a quick switcher of some sort.

On a related note... I've always thought the iphone (3g, 3Gs, and 4) has always been bad at properly leaving WIFI networks. I usually have to go to SBSettings and turn off WIFI when I'm clearly out of WIFI range, but it gets stuck on a network I'm moving away from. Anyone else have that problem?

2. WhatAmI, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

I can't for the life of me recall what the name of the SBSettings addon is called but for lack of memory I bought WifiTrak from Appstore 2 years ago or so but this has since been removed 'cause Steve doesn't like wardriving and app has been cancelled.

I don't condone piracy but to me this is now abandonware and It's available through various channels should you not get any other repsonses

Edit: You need to buy YFiSelect4 (US$1.99) in Cydia