Are there any rumors of a new MacBook?

FlyingTexan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 13, 2015
Just curious. I love my 12" but staring at these bezels I'd really love to see it become a 13 or even 14" with the same fanless design. My Huawei MateBook X Pro was the best designed laptop I've ever seen but I hate windows. Would be nice if they stepped it up to that design.

ascender

macrumors 68030
Dec 8, 2005
Nope, nothing, nada.

There seems to be a few schools of thought, but I've not seen any rumours which back any of these up, its all just guesswork.

1. For a while, people thought the MacBook would be the first to be transitioned to ARM due to its form factor and target market.
2. The new MacBook Air is the replacement.
3. Apple see the iPad and iPad Pro as the replacement for the MacBook.

In short, nobody knows!

Hieveryone

macrumors 601
Apr 11, 2014
USA
I hope it comes back. I love mine. When it stops working well, I definitely want to upgrade to another one. I use my 2019 15" base model for most stuff, but man does that 12" come in handy when ya need it.

Reactions: AxiomaticRubric

BODYBUILDERPAUL

macrumors 68000
Feb 9, 2009
Barcelona
I'm with Ascender on this!

The MacBook was cutting edge design in 2015 but in 2020 I feel that the next MacBook Pro 13" with Touch Bar is the better design. The T2 security chip, touch ID and four USB-C ports with wide colour games P3 display lead the way for me.
I do prefer the slightly heavier, thicker design of the MacBook Pro. I was never a fan of the fragile thin Apple design of a few years back - they all feel so fragile.

I loved the 12" MacBook at the time but i've found the 12" screen just too small for my every day machine. For me, here in the UK it was 25% over priced and very hard to justify plus that finless Core M was just too tiny.

It's so important to move on and look towards the future and it's time guys for everyone to put the MacBook behind us and embrace Apple's future line. Certainly the 16" MacBook Pro design with 8TB SSD & 32GB RAM options has been a great start.

jzy

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2005
I have the 13inch 2018 MacBook Pro, if Apple releases a new 12 inch MacBook in similar form factor as the discontinued model, I would buy it in an instant as "upgrade"

the MacBook Pro is great, but I miss the portability and form factor of the MacBook

Reactions: AxiomaticRubric

Florida Gator

macrumors regular
Feb 26, 2004
I loved the 12" MacBook at the time but i've found the 12" screen just too small for my every day machine. For me, here in the UK it was 25% over priced and very hard to justify plus that finless Core M was just too tiny.
See, I think for people who are looking for one single every day laptop, the 12" probably isn't the best option (for some it is, I concede). The problem is for people like me, who want the best of both worlds and have a 27" iMac for the heavy stuff but want something ultraportable for the sofa and travel.

AxiomaticRubric

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2010
On Mars, Praising the Omnissiah
See, I think for people who are looking for one single every day laptop, the 12" probably isn't the best option (for some it is, I concede). The problem is for people like me, who want the best of both worlds and have a 27" iMac for the heavy stuff but want something ultraportable for the sofa and travel.
There is also the use case of connecting the MacBook to another Mac or PC through a remote desktop app. At home with fast WiFi, the graphics and processor bottlenecks of the MacBook are easy to overlook if it can connect to a much more powerful desktop computer.