Are there any turnkey Hackintosh ready systems (even if old)? / What is comparable PC

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by rawdawg, Jun 13, 2012.

1. rawdawg, Jun 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2012

rawdawg macrumors 6502

I need something now but want to get the new MP when it comes out (2013). I am overwhelmed with options when building a Hackintosh and simply want something that works. I will not enjoy building a machine for some special need. I don't game at all, I could care less about certain hardware like the latest video cards. I just want a comparable computer to the outdated machine Apple is currently selling (lower models) to hold me off until next year.

I would also be willing to buy a comparable PC and run Windows 7 -- it would be a dedicated Adobe machine and I would use it solely for Premier, After Effects, Photoshop, and Lightroom. All my Mac OSX "needs" would be taken care of on my MBP.

Any advice?

2. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

4. juanml82 macrumors newbie

Why would you buy a PC to install OSX on it to run applications that run perfectly ok in Windows, which works in any PC out of the box? If you don't plan on using Mac only software, buy a Windows PC

5. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

The Promax 1 may be one. It just still seems like too much of a hassle to me without any guarantees of working next os update.

6. rawdawg thread starter macrumors 6502