Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pepperfection

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2017
Was about to buy Apple's Leather Case, but many here reported that it pops out. Any alternative?

THANKS!!!

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007

Last edited:
Reactions: Pepperfection

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
I got the official California Poppy leather case and never had problems with it popping out on the 12 Pro Max, I see that's something happening to some people but I have other mates with phones in the new 12 lineup using leather cases and none of them have this issue so why not buy and if you have the issue return it?

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
To be honest all the other threads about it seems that this issue does not affect the Pro Max and only the smaller Pro.

Pepperfection

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2017
To be honest all the other threads about it seems that this issue does not affect the Pro Max and only the smaller Pro.
Really?! Cool to hear. THANKS!!!

That said, I cant order and return it. I am not from US. Here, it is a hassle to return stuff(they scrutinize everything) and what if they wont accept that reasoning of popping out.

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Really?! Cool to hear. THANKS!!!

That said, I cant order and return it. I am not from US. Here, it is a hassle to return stuff(they scrutinize everything) and what if they wont accept that reasoning of popping out.
I don’t know what country you’re at but if it pops out that clearly shows the product is not fit for purpose.

I’m also from a country where returns are difficult so I understand your worry.

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016

Happened with my Pro Max. I think it all comes down to how you put your phone in your pocket. Screen side out, away from your leg, and the corners are going to pop eventually. Screen side in, towards your leg, and the corners won’t pop.

Reactions: guicane

guicane

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
London, UK
Happened with my Pro Max. I think it all comes down to how you put your phone in your pocket. Screen side out, away from your leg, and the corners are going to pop eventually. Screen side in, towards your leg, and the corners won’t pop.
Ah good to know! I never put the screen facing out, not sure why that would be preferred, seems less protected to me if anything.

gtg465x

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2016
Ah good to know! I never put the screen facing out, not sure why that would be preferred, seems less protected to me if anything.
I prefer screen out because the curve of your leg means it presses and rubs against the screen when you walk and sit down, so if any sand or dirt gets into your pocket, I feel like it’s more likely to scratch your screen with the screen facing in. I actually used to carry my phone screen facing in, but I made the change after noticing some unexplained scratches on my screen.

Pepperfection

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2017
Anyone tried these yellow leather cases? Venito Lucca and Bayelon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.