Are there headphones for the iPhone 5 that handle calls?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jaybar, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jaybar macrumors 6502

jaybar

Hi

I am looking for great sounding headphone that are balances across the audio spectrum (audiophile here) that will also have a mic and function control, such that one can handle calls in addition to music. I would prefer over-ear, but would consider on-ear. I have never used ear-buds, but would not rule them out. Impedance needs to be 40 ohms or below. I listen to acoustic/jazz/small chamber music. Lighter is better. BTW, how are the new apple ear pods that come with the phone? Overall, I am looking for a significant step up, but would like to know what you think of the ear pods anyway. Noise cancellation is not a big issue.

Thanks,

Jay

2. areyes163 macrumors 6502

areyes163

Ear pods work fine for me. I also use the LG hbs-700 Bluetooth headset. You can get it now on amazon for around $45.00. It has music controls and phone controls. Works perfectly.

3. Raegor macrumors member

Search for a bluetooth headset I'm sure there are some pretty high end ones nowadays but won't be cheap.

4. satchow macrumors 6502

I use the Sol Republic on ear headphones. They're reasonably priced at $99, with a model with better bass at $129. They're competitors to the Beats by Dre series, except not at a ripoff price.

5. MattBookBower macrumors member

I've got Beats By Dre Solo, the best headphones I have ever had. Got them off a freind at work after he decided he didn't want them so didn't have to pay the "Rip Off" price as mentioned above.

I do disagree with the "Rip Off" though, I beleive you pay for what you get and Beats are fantastic.

You also get the ControlTalk cable, which has exactly the same functions as the control on the EarPods, up and down vloume control, skip songs, Siri command and answering calls.

Good thing as well, the ControlTalk is operated exactly the same as the EarPods also, one click pause, two clicks skip, three clicks skip back, hold down for Siri etc etc

If you want some stylish and decent headphones then I would recommend these in a heartbeat.