Are there knockoff Apple leather cases out there?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by thadoggfather, Sep 20, 2013.

1. thadoggfather macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2007
    Just curious, for you case scouters that are good at finding knockoffs!

Do these exist yet?
  2. vmaniqui macrumors 6502a

Mar 8, 2013
    i don' t think they have it yet ( i mean knockoffs) as this is a new case for apple. give it a month or two and i am pretty sure that it will start popping out at ebay.
  3. td241 macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2008
    Hanover, NH
    It's been a month or two. Nothing! If anyone sees anything, let us know. I like the design of the Apple case, but want a non-leather version, which I'm assuming the knockoff would be.
  4. teribithia macrumors member

Oct 18, 2012
    Maybe you can take a look at Chinese Biggest online store : .

They surely has the knockoff. :D:D
  5. oVerboost macrumors 6502a

Sep 17, 2013
    United Kingdom
    Those TPU copies aren't a good fit, sadly, I've already tried one.
  6. td241 macrumors newbie

Oct 10, 2008
    Hanover, NH
    Hey guys,

I found this one at amazon:

The anker "upgraded version". It's a TPU case, but the stiffest TPU case I've seen (i've tried about 7). It fits and is sized very similarly to the leather case. I loved the leather case, but didn't like being afraid to put it down on dirty or moist surfaces, and really wanted a synthetic replica. This has a great look and feel, and I'm impressed with the quality and fit.

Like the leather case, it fits like it's "part of the phone." Not bad for $4.99 with free shipping... But beware, it's not "translucent ash black", it's opaque matte black (though I think it looks great). Also, it will completely dampen any feedback from the home button--that's a big deal for some. At any rate, the look, feel, and fit of this case are very similar to the leather case, and I enjoy it a lot. :apple: