Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I've recently switch from using opera to safari (opera was just too slow..) and I really missed my mouse gestures. Particularly the right click->left click for going back. Any ideas?

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
I took a look at those and they seem quite amateur...I'm looking for something more polished/from a more professional company. Of course willing to pay for the software.

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I took a look at those and they seem quite amateur...I'm looking for something more polished/from a more professional company. Of course willing to pay for the software.

Do you mean Xgestures or BTT?

You can also take a look at Magic Prefs, but I don't know of any professional company delving into gestures. Xgestures is a paid product though and I used it for quite some time, but BTT is quite good too, even if I don't have to pay for it.

And what do you mean by "polished"? BTT is still alpha and beta and for what it is, it offers a load of features that work quite good.

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
well that's exactly what I mean by polished, products that are not in alpha, beta....

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
well that's exactly what I mean by polished, products that are not in alpha, beta....

Have you tried BTT then? I run it on my Unibody Mac and it works without hiccups, and when there is one, a simple restart of the software solves it (once or twice since last November (2009)).

yalag

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 18, 2007
Just tried BBT it's the most difficult app to use in my whole life!! It's horrible! I don't even think it support normal mouses, I only see a list of major mouse gestures and trackpad gestures. Any help?

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
Just tried BBT it's the most difficult app to use in my whole life!! It's horrible! I don't even think it support normal mouses, I only see a list of major mouse gestures and trackpad gestures. Any help?

I should have clarified: BTT is programmed for the Magic Mouse and the Multi-Touch Trackpads Apple employs since 2008.
It is not meant for normal mice or trackpads.

Have you taken a look at XGestures? It is paid and easy to setup via System Preferences and allowed me to use mouse gestures in Safari as I was able to in Opera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.