Are there multiple displays shipping?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ~David, Nov 11, 2007.

1. ~David macrumors regular

~David

I'm just curious to know if there's multiple versions of the new SR MacBook with different displays?

The one I received is pretty unacceptable if you ask me. Colors are really washed out and the viewing angle is not the greatest. I calibrated it, which improved the colors quite a bit, but the quality is still sub-par.

I'm also experiencing the high-pitch noise coming from the top-left of the MacBook, so I'm considering just going to an Apple store and exchanging it for a new one, and I'm just wondering what my odds are of getting a better display (if any).

Thanks. :)

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

Apple will buy parts from as many venders as needed. Don't know if they have different venders supplying displays, but it is possible. I would take it in to Apple. It might be something repairable, or you might get a new MacBook that functions better.

3. ~David thread starter macrumors regular

~David

What do you think my odds are of getting an Apple store to swap the display in my MacBook with that of the older generation Macbook (Which, for some reason, had better displays)?

4. polycat33 macrumors 6502

The SR MBP can come with an LG or Samsung display, it's quite possible that the same goes for the MacBook.

I think the odds are nonexistant for them to swap the display of an old MacBook into your new one... unless maybe you bought an older MacBook and had them swap, but even then I doubt Apple would do it, maybe a third party place. And that would of course cost you a LOT more money then it's worth (at least in my opinion).