Are there problems with the new iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hajime, Sep 27, 2009.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. I am still trying to decide between the iPhone 3GS and the 3rd generation iPod Touch. As the latest iPod Touches have been out for over two weeks, are there any issues with them? So far, I seem to hear only good things. Do they have the cracking problems as reported by iPhone users? Thanks.

2. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

iPhone and iPod Touch? Might as well go iPhone, it's everything the iPod touch is and more.

3. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

Thanks for the advice. The main problem is that I do not know if I will move to another country few months later. So, I cannot commit to those 1-2 service plans. Another issue is that iPhone users have reported cracking problems.

4. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

Ah I see, well then I suppose that's a decision that none of us would be able to help you with then, seeing as we don't know if you'll move or not..

5. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

One plan is to get the iPod Touch first and if I will stay in a country longer, sell the Touch and get the iPhone 4GS when it comes out. In terms of hardware and software, are the latest iPod Touch models (32 and 64 GB) free from defects?

6. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Well by having the iPod touch, you'll be saving $30 a month. Even though the iPhone is the better of the 2...with the iPod touch you will not have to deal contracts.

7. smirk macrumors 6502a

smirk

The iPhone also limits you to 32 GB storage, while the Touch has double that amount. I would love an iPhone for the GPS features, but I don't want to cancel my Verizon contract for worse service and the addition of a data contract. I'll probably get a Touch.

8. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Exactly what I did lol.