Are there shortages in the ATT US?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brinycbri, Jul 10, 2008.

1. brinycbri macrumors 6502a

Ive heard all these shortage stories about the UK, but does US have any shortages? is it a global thing?

i'm decided if i have a change tomorrow at my local nyc att store

thx

2. tritonj macrumors 6502a

3. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

hey Bri which store are you going to in the city? I'm thinking about hitting 3 stores that are in a radius of where I work (1st Ave & 33rd). Has any ATT store given you an idea of how many they will have? I called a few and all of them said they dont know how many they have.

Also I just heard from my GF that there is already 1 person online at the apple store downtown... lol

4. Nicholie macrumors regular

I wouldn't think so, i'd say it'd be very similar to what we experienced with the original iPhone (countering the price with the availability). All my sleuths at the Apple Store and my local AT&T's aren't expecting any issues either.

Overall, I expect a very steady launch here in the U.S. Being the new launch is a global effort, I would see Apple's strategy in allocating MOST of the inventory to the U.S., and evening it out later in the product's launch window.

5. dauerhippo macrumors regular

@Yaooo84

I work and live at 33rd and 1st too. I'm going to try the 41st and 3rd AT&T store first. Any ideas about where else to go, if the line is too long?

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Maybe no shortages, but the demand could be really high.

7. Churc22 macrumors member

I just called my ATT store here in Northern NJ and they are still yet to receive their shipment of phones for tomorrow...the guy did say that they got 40 iphones last year and are expecting more this year...I just hope they get delivered in time.

8. Skystar macrumors 6502

My Brother-In-Law is a ATT store manager. He got his shipment in yesterday. So far he said 40 iPhones (10 white, which is what I want). He did tell me however that he may be getting a second shipment in today.

9. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

Theres one on 23rd+Broadway, 42nd+5th, and 34th+Broadway...those are the 3 im going to check tomorrow morning. Not sure which one I'll go to first...

The one on 41st and 3rd (across from the post office I think) is not an official ATT store...I dont think they carry it. THey are only an authorized dealer. I checked the store locator specifically for the iphone and those 3 were the closest I got...

Ps. You work at NYU?

10. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Which North NJ AT&T? I spoke to a guy at the Garden State Plaza AT&T and he said they were expecting lines but not to sell out...

11. Churc22 macrumors member

I called the one in Wayne...I'm sure GSP will have plenty between Apple and ATT since I feel like a lot of people will go there

12. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

prob the one on 53rd st area..i called them but they wouldn't tell me how many.

13. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

If youre gonna be around 53rd you might as well go to the Cube...they will def have it but the wait might be 5 hrs haha...I wouldnt be surprised if they have 2,000 iphones, after all its the flagship store in NYC...Thats where I went last year a day after release. I just walked right in and pick it up.

14. dauerhippo macrumors regular

I'm meeting a friend at 4:15am, and we're gonna try to find an AT&T store with no line, and just wait it out till 8am. You're welcome to join us!

P.S. Yeah, I work at NYU. You?

15. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

yea i was thinking that..i think people are going to the cube just for the hooplah and the circus atmosphere..i jsut want to get it and go...i think i'm going to try the 53rd and then go to the cube later when everything dies down...

40 phones per store is really very little imo

16. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm afraid of that, but unfortunately, it's near my office, and I have to be back at work by nine. So I'm thinking I'll be stopping at the 24/7 Dunkin' Donuts and camping out for a few hours at the GSP Mall parking lot. 'Cause I'm a classy mother****er.

17. Aiphanes macrumors regular

Aiphanes

You folks are still gonna camp out? There is no need there will be lots of Iphone 3gs available...but I could see if yall are looking to get a white one...those will be harder to find...

18. Penguinwrangler macrumors regular

I'm not worried about not getting one, but I do want to get one early enough so that i can get back to the office at a reasonable time....so I spend the rest of the day playing with it at my desk and making my boss jealous.

19. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

I just PMed you..check you inbox

20. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

HAHA exactly what I was thinking...

21. Churc22 macrumors member

haha...nothing like spending a night at the mall...ive done it twice there for best buy on black friday...at least tonight it wont be 10 degrees outside...tonight I will be at wayne hills mall rather than GSP however.

22. dave006 macrumors 68020

We will not have any official idea until tonight when Apple will post a link to check the "inventory" at each Apple store. Check this page for the details and were the "Check Store Availibility" link will be posted tonight.:apple:

http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/...07106-125471&Email_OID=279098&cp=125471&sr=em

23. Yaoooo84 macrumors newbie

Yea I think thats for apple stores only...I really dont think that Apple stores will sell out...but they will have huge lines. I'm probably going to an ATT store to avoid the lines but also risking not getting one. I wish they had something like that for ATT stores

24. calpolygraduate macrumors regular

my local at&t store just told me they are getting around 300 iphone 3g's, 100 white 16gb, 100 black 16gb, and 100 black 8gb

25. brinycbri thread starter macrumors 6502a

nice, where at?