Carrier Are there still any working imei unlock sites?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by slickdeals, Dec 4, 2013.

1. slickdeals macrumors newbie

I have seen a lot of scams on the internet. I am not sure which one is legit. Please share your experience. Thanks. :rolleyes:

2. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Chronicunlocks.com is working. Just expect a slow turnaround time.

3. medgirl2001 macrumors regular

I had my 5S unlocked by Chronic. It took a long time (around 40 days), but it did work. They were very good about sending updates and responding to email.

4. JackieInCo macrumors 601

And it's more expensive. About $100 now compared to last January when I paid $1.99.

5. CEmajr macrumors 601

It's easier to just buy an unlocked one from Apple with the prices they're charging these days.

6. biosci macrumors 6502a

Whoa! What happened that made the prices jump so high? Earlier this year I paid not even half that and now the same site is charging high also?!

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

at&t.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

I was under the impression that it was (directly or indirectly) connected to the whole political "glitch" regarding unlocking from earlier this year:
    http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2013/01/unlocking-new-cell-phones-to-become-illegal-on-saturday/

On the other hand, I just came across some seemingly good news in relation to that type of thing too: http://arstechnica.com/business/201...ells-wireless-carriers-to-unlock-cell-phones/