Are there WiFi and Location toggle apps out there for my 3GS (while I wait for JB)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmk1974, Jun 20, 2009.

1. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I love my new 3GS, but really miss SBSetting and the ability to just toggle WiFi and Location services on/off. Is there anything out there for non-jailbroken iPhones?

2. The General macrumors 601

No. AppStore apps can't change your settings.

Why are you turning that stuff on and off, anyway? You're wasting more battery going through the menus turning it on and off than you would be just leaving them on (which wouldn't waste battery at all).

3. dmk1974 thread starter macrumors 68000

dmk1974

I don't think so. The location services especially drains the battery. So does wifi when I'm at work and it's trying to reach a weak signal. SBSettings is a quick swipe and tap to turn them on or off as needed. Even an icon on the main screen would be nice. Digging though menus is a pain.

4. hchavarria macrumors 6502

If I were to leave bluetooth and wifi turned on all the time the batter would drain a lot faster then if I turned them off.

5. The General macrumors 601

The difference would be marginal.

6. spybeagle macrumors newbie

I have to agree it would be marginal from my experience with my iTouch.

Both Wifi and Bluetooth go to sleep after a while on standby, unless you have the music app running.

And geo services must sleep after a while throughout use where an app isn't calling for it. You can see this because sometimes and app will ask you if it can use geo and other times it won't. I've noticed that the times it asks on maps it takes a bit longer to lock.

What does kill it though is turning it on and off installing apps, which after a bad install experience this weekend I will MAKE SURE I do in future!