Are these a little big or is it just me?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by geekygeek, Oct 30, 2011.

1. geekygeek macrumors regular

I don't know what the thing its called. Its the thing that is new with Lion and has an iOS like design. Here's the picture of it http://imgur.com/xccXX
    If it is oversized, how can I make it smaller? It doesn't look that much bigger in the screenshot but in my opinion it is.

2. jollygoodamy macrumors regular

I believe it's called Launchpad. But I think the look normal sized for the most part.

3. geekygeek thread starter macrumors regular

I erased lion today and reinstalled it. And no way does my launchpad look normal. It looks like if someone blew it up? Is there a way to adjust the size anyway?:confused:

EDIT: This person seems to be having trouble as well http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1192722. Also I never got 10.7.2 until I did my reinstall today. So could that be the change?

4. simsaladimbamba

I just compared your Launchpad with another one I found on the WWW and it seems, your icons are indeed larger.
    Maybe this can help? I found it via "mac os x launchpad adjust icon size" as search terms.

5. tears2040 macrumors 6502

I think this launchpad thing is stupid and so glad I am still using snow leopard.

6. cole01 macrumors 6502

Apple changed the size of the icons with the latest release of Lion.

7. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

Because if you had lion, you couldn't simply opt to not use launch pad...:rolleyes:

8. tears2040 macrumors 6502

Judging by the countless forums online, launchpad is not the only problem with Lion..... :rolleyes:

9. Quinoky macrumors regular

Quinoky

Launchpad was never a problem in the first place.

10. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

You both must have missed the user that I quoted citing this as the one reason he/she was glad they had snow leopard.

11. bbfc macrumors 68030

bbfc

If you don't like it, then don't use it. I very rarely use Launchpad, but it doesn't offend me.

In 10.7/10.7.1 the icons were too small, which is why Apple changed the size of them in 10.7.2.

12. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

the resize trick posted above works, just a little...involved.
    am hoping we'll see an option to resize (like with the dock) in a future update.

lion is a great OS in the most important ways to me:
    it's stable, fast. works.

your mileage may vary.. :D

13. Hustler1337 macrumors 65816

Hustler1337

OSX Lion 10.7.1 had the smaller icons on Launchpad. Apple increased the icon sizes in 10.7.2 which I find quite ugly.

You can manually revert back to the smaller icons. Here's a guide:http://osxdaily.com/2011/10/19/change-launchpad-icon-size-large-to-small/

Or a much easier version that I used is available here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4U2XWKZPjrg

Note: in the Youtube video, the user uploaded the 'Dock' file so most of the steps in the video are not needed to be followed. Also, make sure you type in 'chmod 755 Dock' in Terminal for that 'Dock' File.

Wouldn't recommend for novice users as you might risk messing up your system files, but otherwise I would highly recommend others doing it who don't like the current big icons in Launchpad.

14. BrickbookPro macrumors regular

I'm curious as to why this was down-voted... hmmm.