Are these Apple parts?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by markfc, Mar 20, 2010.

1. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Yes - it is an Apple topcase......

The clue is in the description "Brand new, Original"

Why do you need one and is it the correct version for your MacBook ?

Don't overlook the fact that it is coming from Hong Kong and you may well have to pay VAT and clearance fees

2. markfc thread starter macrumors 6502a

markfc

Well you never know when ordering these from hong kong china as to whether or not they are genuine!

Basically I was given a White intel core duo MacBook that has been dropped.

I've ordered a new LCD screen for £62, new left hinge for £6 and because the top case is a bit grubby and slightly cracked plus it's a French keyboard I thought I might as well change it while I've got it all in pieces :)

if I could get a new bottom case and lid cheaply It would look like new!

So basically a new MacBook for £120

3. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Not bad I guess, but it is a 4 year old Core Duo, you aren't planning on doing anything intensive on that machine are you? If you just use it for browsing, instant messaging, music, etc then you've found yourself a good deal! :cool:

4. logana macrumors 65816

logana

A core duo MacBook with 2GB ram is ok - with any less ram it will struggle.

Keep a look out on eBay for a topcase - though if the cracks are in the palmrest area you might find that Apple will change it for you free......

They might give you a French topcase but it is easy enough to change the keys over since it is the same keyboard layout. Bottom cases are more difficult to get hold of - they seem to be becoming scarce.

Any of the later MacBook topcases will fit and work fine on the core duo model so any MacBook topcase you can find will work fine...

5. markfc thread starter macrumors 6502a

markfc

Well, the new screen and hinge have arrived.

All fitted. Had a spare 160gb 7200rpm SATA kicking about so just installed snow leopard on that.

Nice fast machine. Just waiting for the new keyboard/topcase and it'll be sweet!