Are these burn marks?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by puffnstuff, Sep 29, 2008.

1. puffnstuff macrumors 65816

Today I was inspecting my mac for any more cracks and looked on the bottom and saw...
    [​IMG]

It looks like burn marks I am not sure. I know the picture quality is bad. But if you can see on the corner there is a weird circle mark and then a dark type line across the side. Thats alongside my entire macbook.

2. unixfool macrumors 6502a

Looks like dirt to me...the rubber foot also supports this, as most of the dirt on the foot is toward the back of of the foot. Will it wipe off with Magic Erase?

If it isn't dirt, it may well be burn marks, especially if you use your Macbook on your bed or on a pillow. It gets very hot around that part of the machine...it needs full ventilation around that part of the machine and under it.

3. puffnstuff thread starter macrumors 65816

Indeed I do use the macbook a lot in bed. No desk at the moment. I'm under warranty will I get replacement? How do I prevent this from happening again any cover I should use or something?

4. puffnstuff thread starter macrumors 65816

5. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

This product might help with the general heat management between your Mac and the surface it's sitting on. I simply put four plastic soda bottle caps under my MacBook to prop it up and to allow air flow.