Are these dead pixels?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by zoebaggins, Apr 24, 2012.

1. zoebaggins macrumors member

I took my Macbook White (2010 unibody) to the Apple Store so they could repair my outer casing due to the cracking issue. I got it back two days later (today) and was surprised to see a new screen (didn't know they were attached together); after I took it home and upon closer inspection, I noticed a few dead pixels - at least I think.

Not sure if it varies between monitors but I've seen dead pixels in multiple colors (black, red, green), but these are white/silver dots along my screen... basically, they look like drops of water (say you accidentally sneezed on your screen); I counted at least 13. I'm not sure if this is an issue I can fix myself, or if I should just take it in and ask for a replacement part.

Is this something I should be concerned about? :confused:

2. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

Is your Macbook under Apple Care?
    Even if it isn't, I suggest taking it back and explaining your issue.

3. zoebaggins thread starter macrumors member

No, they repaired the issue out of warranty for free.

4. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

Some klutz at the store probably dropped your Macbook so that's why they replaced the screen. I think you can have bright pixels as well as dead ones though. Probably just bright ones.

5. zoebaggins thread starter macrumors member

Are they bright ones something I should be concerned about? Most of them have disappeared randomly over the last two days but there's a dot or two hidden (you have to look closely to see). Not sure if I should just live with it or still take it in.