Are these Dealextreme cases the same as the Epikcase Showcases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aor26, May 7, 2010.

1. Aor26 macrumors member

2. SystemZERO macrumors newbie

SystemZERO

I don't know if the ebay one is the same, but I got that exact case from DX and I like it. It's not super rubbery, so it doesn't stick when I go to put it in my pocket. It's kind of like a mix between rubber and plastic. The only con is that the sleep button and the volume buttons are hard to press, but you can always cut off or add to to make them easier to press, and for $2 you can get several to experiment with

3. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply.
    I'm pretty sure that they are the same cases but it actually doesn't matter anymore because I've found it on eBay for cheaper so I'll go for it.

By the way, what colors do you have of this case and what color is your phone?

4. SystemZERO macrumors newbie

SystemZERO

I got the red one
    My iPhone is white, and it looks rather nice on it. I forgot to mention the other con. The case scratches the aluminum bezel between the home button and the dock connector. It doesn't bother me, but it's nothing a little piece of electrical tape couldn't protect if you are a person that despises any scratches.

5. mibaksh macrumors newbie

hi quick question. How easy it is to press the buttons like power and volume?
    On my iFrogz it's a pain. If i found these before i woulda have surely bought them!

6. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

I've found it on eBay for like a buck and a half but the difference between the prices doesn't reaaly makes the change. I'd rather buy from eBay because Ive heard that dealextreme shipments are really slow. If that isn't right please mention that.

About your con, are you sure that the scartches weren't there before? I have a very similiar case and it hasn't ever scratched my phone. The only reason I wanna buy this one is the design and the better (as heard) fit on the phone.

7. SystemZERO macrumors newbie

SystemZERO

Pretty hard, unless you hit them from the right angle.

My iPhone was brand new. Pretty sure it is the case. It didn't have the scratches on beforehand and now it does. The fit is really good, and the buttons are a bit hard to press. And yes, DX shipments are horrendously slow. I've gotten things as quickly as two weeks, and they have taken as long as two months before:rolleyes:

8. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

That's kinda wired because my fake SOLO FX has never scratched the phone.
    Have you taken off the case about once a week to clean up the phone? If you haven't, then I guess that this Is the reason for your scartches.

9. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Well ive just made the order so it doesnt matter anymore.
    But the recent question about cleaning the phone about once a week is still relevant.

10. SystemZERO macrumors newbie

SystemZERO

No, I don't clean it often. That little piece is rather loose, and probably gathers dirt under it. Cleaning would probably help

11. mibaksh macrumors newbie

i wish there was a thanks button!

One more for you guys, is it discoloring? my iFrogz is now yellowish

12. SystemZERO macrumors newbie

SystemZERO

Mine is red, and it is the same color as when I got it. I have no idea on the clear ones

13. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Haven't recieved mine yet (11 days for now) but Ive heard from people that the clear one gets yellowish within a few month.

14. kendustin7 macrumors newbie

That both cases are the same but really don't understand why so much difference in the price even though having the same thing. These cases are really good to use, I have it one with black color.

15. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I have one of the clear Epikcases and it hasn't changed color at all. Granted, it's not the case I use most often and when not in use, it's in a shoebox in the closet, so maybe the lack of prolonged exposure to sunlight, etc., could account for it's not having changed at all. Not sure. I'll try using it more for funsies to see if it starts to change, just for curiosity's sake. :)