Are these files safe to delete?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fterh, May 3, 2011.

1. fterh macrumors member

I'm really particular about junk files on my system, so when I decided to remove Safari, I ran a search for "safari" on EasyFind and these turned up. Some of these files and folders are stored deep within the hard drive, with really intimidating names (such as Safari.syncschema and Safari.framework). Just wondering though, if they are safe for removal.

2. fineaddme macrumors regular

it barely takes up any space
    i suggest you do not remove safari

3. Hansr macrumors 6502a

No, don't bother. Safari is in some ways implicitly expected to always be available from an OS perspective. Removing it is incredibly counter intuitive. You gain a smidgen of space and open yourself up to running into a heap of trouble down the line.

If your computer literacy is at a level where you can't find out what files actually do then you should not remove anything other than your own generated content.

4. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

I would not recommend removing apps like Safari (let alone their system files) from the OS. Safari is an application that is bundled with Mac operating system and its system files may include a number of important services. It really doesn't take up that many resources anyway. Besides, I expect the OS will try to reinstall it via update anyway.

5. ZombieZakk, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011

ZombieZakk macrumors 6502

+1 safari barely consumes any space and for your benefit look into cleanmymac it will help you remove only junk so you dont go deleting programs you may need down the road.