Are these good scores?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by waboosh, Jul 18, 2013.

1. waboosh macrumors newbie

Recently upgraded to 16gb ram and not sure how to read the data and know if they are working. I did compare them to other scores and i did score a lot higher than average but not sure if its because of my upgrade or not.

I used geekbench 64bit

total score 7684

integer - 6200
    floating point - 10366
    memory (memory performance) - 5794
    Stream (memory bandwith) - 7275

my stream is much higher than the average but my performance is lower which is concerning me.

This may be an extremely dumb question but I just cant figure it out

thank you!

2. kooskoos1814 macrumors member

3. waboosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Oops my apologies, early 2011 MacBook pro

4. Yahooligan macrumors 6502a

Yahooligan

Keep in mind that Geekbench won't tell you if the memory is working, only what your performance is, and also remember that more memory doesn't mean faster memory.

To make sure the memory you installed is working just go to Apple -> About This Mac and that will tell you how much memory is detected, what speed, etc.

5. waboosh thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, it does recognize it but I thought sometimes it'll recognize it but not be working properly which I guess I'd recognize...

My main concern, and reason I made this post, is that when i made the change I disconnected the power plug in the laptop which was suggested to make sure no power went to the board and then made the change, buy I accidentally forgot to plug it in and turn my lap top on. It turned on fine but then I remember went back and saw it was partially unplugged and been freakig out ever since