Are these read times normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kjaxplicit24, May 17, 2010.

1. kjaxplicit24 macrumors regular

I just installed an intel x-25m g2 last week and updated to the latest firmware. Everything feels great and snappy. However, my x-bench results are sub-par. I'm consistently getting random read of only 175 mb/sec as opposed to the advertised 250. I read a couple threads about this and everyone else is getting >200 mb/sec. Any thoughts? Did I get a lemon?

2. chopper dave macrumors regular

I didn't update my firmware on my 160GB G2 and the sequential read with about 10 programs running is 200MB/s, 180MB/s random. It still feels insanely fast next to my old HDD, and I figure I'll update the firmware next year when I do the usual reformat.

The Intel is not known for being the fastest benchmark, but it is always reliable and consistent, with no strange slowdowns regardless of the drive state.

3. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I have been getting around the same results. I am happy though as this drive is very consistent and the speed increase in my workflow in Adobe makes it worth it. I have a thread where I have been posting periodic benches, and it is consistent. Damn good drives in my opinion and I will spring for a gen 3 a little while after they are released.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=904069