are these speakers defective?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TSE, Sep 9, 2011.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

I bought these Klipsch Promedia 2.1s from ebay used where the dude said they are in working order.

I buy them, set them up, and only the subwoofer and one speaker works.... weird.

I switch the speakers. Now the other speaker works.

Defective subwoofer? Any suggestions? Is it the way I am connecting it to the subwoofer or something?

Last time I buy from ebay again. Seller had 99.9% positive feedback.

2. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Hi guys.... I need some serious advice.

So I decided I am going to return the speakers, but the seller hasn't contacted me yet, I'll give him till Monday, but what should I do? I am brand new to ebay.

3. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

When did you contact him notifying that the speakers were defective?

4. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Thursday. Should I set up a dispute with Paypal?

5. samiwas macrumors 65816

I guess it would depend on if you set them up correctly. It's kind of an odd setup looking at the connection diagram. The input goes into one of the speakers, then has a DIN connector with the sub, and a separate speaker wire to each speaker.

What do you mean when you say you switched speakers? Because the thing won't work at all without the connection speaker. With that setup, there are so many things that could be wrong, it's hard to say.

6. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

The subwoofer connects to power. The control pod speaker has a power connector that connects to the subwoofer.

On the subwoofer, there are one red and one black tab for the left speaker, and one red and one black tab for the right speaker.

Each speaker has a red cord and a left cord.

I simply plugged in red to red and black to black for each. Didn't work. So I switched them. Didn't work. Either one speaker works or the other.

7. Firestar macrumors 68020

Firestar

That's only two days. That's really not that long. I would say wait 4-5 (so Monday or Tuesday) days, and then go from there.

8. jsolares macrumors 6502a

Does the problem follow the cable or the speaker? might just be a chewed up cable or something