Are these stuck pixels or what?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mntentman, May 29, 2010.

1. mntentman macrumors regular

See the two horizontal lines at each side of the screen near the top? Are these considered dead pixels, or something else? Is there anything that can be done to get rid of them? Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

Looks like dead pixels to me, try restoring i cant think of anything else....Apple Store perhaps?

3. MikhailT macrumors 601

An iPhone taking shot of an iPhone.

Are they persistent? Is it still covered by AppleCare?

4. mntentman thread starter macrumors regular

No, they move around. So stuck rather than dead, I am guessing? Should I still try restoring?

5. MikhailT macrumors 601

If they're moving around constantly, than it's likely a GPU failure or software issue. Stuck pixels do move but not continuously.

Try to restore it, don't sync it with a backup.

6. mntentman thread starter macrumors regular

They are generally in the same area, but vary in size... sometimes what you see in the pic, sometimes the whole width of the screen.

7. KameronBriggs macrumors 6502

KameronBriggs

Try this:
    Go on a search engine, and type in "iPhone stuck pixel repair". Click the first link which should lead you to a site( http://www.ebaspace.com/iphone-app/ ) and click on "Repair iPhone LCD". I had one stubborn stuck pixel on my iPhone and used this and it's gone now.
    Best of Luck!