Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DDustiNN

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jan 27, 2011
But then I used a dark wallpaper, and the world didn't end!

Looks pretty good to me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 376

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
The default icons still look like crap. Although the darker wallpaper makes it slightly more bearable.

kerrikins

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
How do all of you live with that silly badge on your mail icon! Would drive me nuts to just have 1 unread, let alone over a thousand :p

The wallpaper really changes the whole feel. I wish the Messages App had some more customisation, though, it really is quite bright and stark.

Ottoman1

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2012
Didn't the original iPhone have an all black background too? Seems like a winning solution.

I hated having all of those wallpaper choices any way.

How well does the 3D effect work on a solid black background btw?

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
Are they even serious with these icons?

Ok seriously I can't be the only one who find these icons ridiculous. It's like they were done with MS Paint by an intern. Is this for real? I mean look at the notes and reminders icons, they aren't up to Apple's standard at all. I don't care that it's not skeuromophism. It's just plain unattractive.

iOS-6-vs-iOS-7-icons.png

And what is up with game center? Balls?? How does that even make sense.

The photo icon does not in anyway represent photos. It can be a social network if anyone had to guess.

I refuse to believe these icons were designed by Apple designers. Did they have the programmers design these?

inselstudent

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
I admit that I was expecting something quite different. And with that direct comparison I feel they put a lot more effort into the previous icons.

Anyway, I'm ok with the UI for now. The added functionality makes up for the "childish" design.

tymaster50

Suspended
Oct 3, 2012
Oregon
I'm guessing that you aren't very smart, otherwise you would have seen the numerous other threads of the same page and notice that you have been recycling the same things they said. For someone that's been here since 2007 you should know.

rmeadejr

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
San Francisco-Twin Peaks
Ok seriously I can't be the only one who find these icons ridiculous. It's like they were done with MS Paint by an intern. Is this for real? I mean look at the notes and reminders icons, they aren't up to Apple's standard at all. I don't care that it's not skeuromophism. It's just plain unattractive.

And what is up with game center? Balls?? How does that even make sense.

The photo icon does not in anyway represent photos. It can be a social network if anyone had to guess.

I refuse to believe these icons were designed by Apple designers. Did they have the programmers design these?

the icons are "a work in progress".

https://www.macrumors.com/2013/06/1...arketing-team-in-charge-of-ios-7-icon-design/

thefredelement

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2012
New York
They suck to look at. The old ones look much nicer to me, but check the home page. Apple said they took their design cue from their outside marketing people , or are spinning it that, either way, who cares really because they also said it's a work in progress and will change.

So that took like two days since it was released.... neat.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.