Are they in stock yet??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by complexcommunic, Apr 13, 2010.

1. complexcommunic macrumors regular

I want to head to the apple store right after class and pick up a shiny new i7 17". Are the apple stores getting them in stock yet?

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

3. GregGebhardt macrumors 6502

No stock in Jacksonville. They said it would be a few days

4. ryanzec macrumors member

They just got them in the mac store near where I live (like 15 mins ago).

5. MartyMcFly macrumors newbie

Where's that then?

6. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

most likely stores will be receiving them with their regular stock replenishment shipments over the next 3-4 days.

Higher volume stores most likely had them late last night. stores in slower areas will likely get them by the end of this week.

Apple ships daily to their stores as far as I've ever been able to determine, which translates to the big brown bringing them at their leisure.

Demo units are probably on display though.

7. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I wonder if they'll have the antiglare models in today. I really hope, I don't want to wait any longer.

8. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

9. cderalow macrumors 6502

cderalow

I'd assume most stores will have a modest stock of the hires/antiglare optioned screens just like they have had in the past.

10. hockey9999 macrumors member

I went to 2 stores in my area (Northern NJ), both had them and neither could sell them because they aren't in their POS system yet.

You can imagine the look on my face when I walked in at 10am on the dot, watched the salesman walk out with the computer I have been waiting months for only to be told "Sorry, I can't ring this up yet. Hopefully they will update our system soon to reflect the new SKU's"

I could have punched him in the face.

11. ctdw macrumors member

Did they have the hi-res version at the NJ stores you visited?

12. hockey9999 macrumors member

The one store I went to was the Palisades Mall store in NYS, when I called they said they had a highres antiglare, but I didnt bother to ask once I got there and was told the same "I cant sell this yet" crap..

13. complexcommunic thread starter macrumors regular

What about i7 17 inches, hockey9999? I'm curious about some of the custom options

14. hockey9999 macrumors member

I didn't ask about the 17's, sorry.

I am looking for a 15" and trying to decide if I want/need highres or not...

15. Spandexman macrumors regular

Strange thing, I have been dead set on a 17" for the last 4-5 months, but now that it's here, and the i7 is an extortionate BTO on the 17" but free on the high end 15", combined with the upgrade in resolution on the 15" i'm probably going to get that instead. Before, the 17" had other benefits that just being bigger, but now it's really just bigger, heavier and more cumbersome and slower, with little real advantage.

16. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

Anyone know if any Ontario stores have any yet? I desperately want to get to a store but Eaton Center, Yorkdale, and Sherway are all telling me they have boxes they have not openned yet and might have them out in a few hours.