Are tunes downloaded from mobile itunes available on my mac?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sirjec, Jan 30, 2008.

1. sirjec macrumors newbie

Here's my quick question, - I'm at work and am desperate to purchase a particular album on itunes.

If I downlaod it via the iTunes program on my iPod Touch, will i then be able to download the file off the touch (upon syncing it) and play it on my mac at home?

-jc

2. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

yes thats correct

3. jasonmac21 macrumors member

Yep. It will create a folder in itunes right by the songs you bought on the itunes store on your mac.

4. sirjec thread starter macrumors newbie

5. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

While they did tell you correctly that it will transfer, they forgot to tell you how! When you plug it in, you manually have to tell it to transfer purchases. Its not an auto-sync feature. If you're on a Mac, open iTunes and click File, then down towards the bottom you'll see Transfer Purchases from iPod. That will transfer your purchased songs over. I'm guessing its close to the same thing on Windows too.

6. sirjec thread starter macrumors newbie

Now i'm worried that if I buy them on my iPod today, and go home tonight and plug it into my new Macbook Pro I got yesterday i might lose the songs... I'm yet to sync my ipod with my new mac, but my prebious itunes library has been copied from old powerbook.

I'm thinking that I'm tempting fate here... I might purchase all this when I get home to save any issues.

-jc

7. zirkle2007 macrumors 6502

zirkle2007

Hmm...if you've synced your iPod with another computer, it would erase it before syncing with your new one. So I would just resist the urge. :(

8. sirjec thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the feeling I'm getting, so i'm going to need to wait :rolleyes: