are u sure that new iMac will come out in fall??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Poker-face, May 14, 2009.

1. Poker-face macrumors newbie

How much % are u sure that new iMac will come out in fall??? This is extremely important for me because i can get it now and i can get it in fall and it's not problem for me to wait??? :D

2. MikhailT macrumors 601

Why would there be a new iMac, they just came out within the last few months.

There might be a speed bump in the Fall but I don't see anything special coming for this fall.

3. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

We hardly ever know when new Macs are coming out.

4. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I'm about 90% sure that there wont be one this autumn.

5. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

If you need one now, buy one now.
    If you don't need one now, buy one later.

There will always be a new device x soon. That's the point of planned obsolescence.

You can find more information on the release cycles of a particular model in the MacRumors Buyer's Guide.

6. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

If I was to estimate the chances of a new iMac coming out in fall I would guess, 30% chances for a release. ツ

7. Rhalliwell1 macrumors 6502a

the only advice i could give is that of the buyers guide: Buy - Product recently updated. I took this advice and i have a new iMac sitting in front of me.

8. Poker-face thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if i did something wrong but i depend on your answers and it really is vry important for me..... i think i'll buy it and i hope that i will not make a mistake buy buying it :D

9. EmperorDarius macrumors 6502a

You won't. It will be great, whenever you buy it. Don't get too fooled by specs and numbers.

10. Sambo110 macrumors 68000

Think about it. If you can wait till the next refresh you might get the 4 core processors, and an even better graphics card etc. But if you don't care about power etc, get one now. But get one now if they do everything you want, but if you want to max Crysis then I say wait.

11. wackymacky macrumors 65832

wackymacky

There is no reason to suspect a major upgrade. The cycle seems to be yearly, which means not to next year. There may be a speed bump in fall, though I doubt much else.

By fall they wil likely come with Snow Leapord pre-installed, though this will not be a major change for the average user