iPad mini Are UI elements on the iPad mini the same size as on iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Traverse, May 29, 2015.

1. Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I've been debating whether my next iPad should be an iPad mini for a while. I've spent almost 2 hours over several visits to an Apple store comparing the two.

I'm away from an Apple store now and won't be going near one for a while but thought of a question. Are UI elements on the iPad Mini the same size or larger than on the iPhone 6 (not 6 Plus)?

Examples: The album and playlist icons in the music app, the back and forward arrow and bookmark button in Safari, the back and forward buttons and mail and settings?

Thanks! I am worried that the iPad mini may prove too small, even though it seems okay in the store. I was just thinking that I have no problem with my iPhone 6, so if the iPad Mini's UI is at least that size I should be okay.

2. XTheLancerX macrumors 68000

XTheLancerX

Do these answer your questions?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The weird things you see in music are synced from my family due to us sharing Apple IDs for iTunes and App Store just to share purchases. We have individual iCloud accounts. Just an FYI lol. Anyway, I use the mini 2 and iPhone 6 together daily. The mini 2 is still plenty large in my opinion, but you may want to finalize your decision in an Apple Store. If you don't like it, return it. Hope you enjoy whatever your decision might be.

3. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

@XTheLancerX

My apologies for a late reply. I read on this forum from people discussing points vs pixels that UI elements on the iPad Mini are about 22% larger than those on the iPhone 6. From your screenshots they look about the same, or that the iPad Mini may be slightly larger.

But thank you for posting those, they were very helpful.