Are US iPhones shipping with 1.1.2 yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Will Cheyney, Nov 21, 2007.

1. Will Cheyney macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

If one were to buy an iPhone in a US high street Apple Store, would it come with firmware 1.1.1 or 1.1.2?

Anyone in the know?

2. mrwizardno2 macrumors 6502a

mrwizardno2

I just bought mine this past friday at the Apple Store at Easton Towne Center in Columbus, OH... and it has 1.1.2 on it.

3. Will Cheyney thread starter macrumors 6502a

Will Cheyney

4. pjh macrumors regular

pjh

There was quite a long thread about this over on the Hackintosh forums, I think the conclusion was the phones built up to week 43 were 1.1.1, after that is was hit an miss until about week 46. If you look at the box beofre purchasing I guess you can tell, I think it's the 4th and 5th digits of the serial number.

Heading over to NY in 1 weeks time, so it looks like my iphone purchase will most likely be 1.1.2. I sure hope a unlock tool is released in the next few weeks. But in a worse case scenrio I end up with a 8gb touch at the same price it would cost me back in the UK.

5. markjewiss macrumors member

I've got a refurb on the way from the USA which was built in week 43 - so chances are I'll be getting a 1.1.2 phone, right? :( Guess I'll be learning how to downgrade to 1.1.1 then! ;)

M.

6. pjh macrumors regular

pjh

I'm no expert on these things, but I think a week 43 is okay. I assume refurbs will have the latest firmware loaded , 1.1.2, but I think the problem is the bootloader that is hardware based. So you should be okay. Only repeating what I've read else where, so I could be talking rubbish. Good luck anyway

7. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I think you're correct about the refurbished units, they do go through their paces, and get a fresh firmware install ( usually the most current, which in this case, is 1.1.2 )

8. markjewiss macrumors member

Am just waiting on the courier delivery, should be here in the next couple of hours. I'll report back what the firmware versions are when it arrives...

M.

9. mikesk8 macrumors member

I bought 2 iPhones last week, one on 5th Ave. and the other on in Soho ...both 1.1.2 ....

10. markjewiss macrumors member

Arrived an hour or so ago, and it had the 1.1.1 firmware on it. Just finished the jailbreaking and unlocking with anySIM :)

I think I was lucky to find the refurb phone in the first place, but to get it with 1.1.1 to make things nice and easy for me was double luck! Thanks to all those who have contributed to the guides and software to make this possible.

M.