Are usb chargers Ok to charge Mobee devices?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MiniD3, Aug 12, 2013.

1. MiniD3, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2013

MiniD3 macrumors 6502a

MiniD3

Hi Guys,
    Getting a new iMac soon along with a Mobee bar for trackpad, keyboard and the Magic Mouse charger

I would like to run mouse, keyboard and trackpad on alkalyne AAs while charging the Mobee devices which I believe take something like 6 hours

Just wondering whether these powered usb charges are safe to use?
    ....Gary

2. Lankyman macrumors 68000

I assume you sleep at some point so just set items to charge then. I can't see any reason to use anything else if you do this. Personally though I ditched the MM pretty quick due to the way it gobbles up battery power. I moved to a Logitech Laser, great ergonomics and the AA battery lasts for months

3. MiniD3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MiniD3

Thank you,

Actually I kept the Logitech mouse from an old windows dead laptop I had
    Sounds like it might come in handy
    Guess I will just use batteries for the mouse on day one, iMac arrives in about a week, I assume the mouse would be flat from the start?
    ....Gary

4. opinio macrumors 65816

I charge a Mobee magic mouse charger on a USB hub. No problems. I suggest if you are going to charge it on a wall USB charger then use a generic 0.5 amp charger (standard USB 2.0 amps), not the 1 amp iphone charger or 2.1 amp ipad charger. The latter two might burn it out.

You might want to look at the reviews (on the Apple website) on the keyboard charger. I bought the magic Bar at the Apple store and had to return it. Incredibly the battery pack is not long enough to make a connection. The keyboard is a two battery one and the battery pack appears to be two batteries long - but a few millimetres too short. Many people have had to return it for this reason. Bad manufacturing.

I am happy with the magic mouse charger though. It works well. Convenient.

Also not sure why you need to run the peripherals on other alkaline batteries while you charge the mobee batteries? You don't remove the Mobee batteries. The whole idea is that you simply put the peripherals on the charge at night. You never remove batteries? I leav my Magic Mouse on the Mobee charger permanently when I don't use it so it is always fully charged. When it is fully charged it stops charging and the light stays green, as opposed to flashing when it is charging.

5. MiniD3 thread starter macrumors 6502a

MiniD3

Thank you for the heads up
    The only reason I wanted to run the mouse on alkaline batteries was for use of the mouse from day 1 when the iMac arrives, and then swap out the alkaline batteries with the Mobee and charge it up
    ....Gary