Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shemlock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2016
Denmark
Hello forum,

So I have a bunch of website, some of which are live while others are not online yet. I like to get people to review my work before I go live with my website. However I know that some forums have very specific rules towards that topic. So I just wanted to verify wether or not I was allowed to post my website url here?

If not - can somebody point me towards the right topic?

Thank you so much guys!

Take care

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
Hello forum,

So I have a bunch of website, some of which are live while others are not online yet. I like to get people to review my work before I go live with my website. However I know that some forums have very specific rules towards that topic. So I just wanted to verify wether or not I was allowed to post my website url here?

If not - can somebody point me towards the right topic?

Thank you so much guys!

Take care

That should be absolutely fine; there are plenty of threads with people asking for constructive criticism for their logo/website! As long as you're not actively trying to sell/promote something, it's all good. :)

Reactions: Shemlock

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
@keysofanxiety is right in general. Keep in mind that the rules state that only established members should post links. So just be very sure that you make it very clear in your post what sort of things you'd like feedback on, and you'll be fine. I see you don't have a link to any sort of business in your signature; that helps. If for example a new member were to ask for feedback on a site s/he promotes in his/her signature, it would be much harder to argue that the site was only posted for feedback!

Thank you for asking ahead of time, BTW. :)

Shemlock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2016
Denmark
@keysofanxiety is right in general. Keep in mind that the rules state that only established members should post links. So just be very sure that you make it very clear in your post what sort of things you'd like feedback on, and you'll be fine. I see you don't have a link to any sort of business in your signature; that helps. If for example a new member were to ask for feedback on a site s/he promotes in his/her signature, it would be much harder to argue that the site was only posted for feedback!

Thank you for asking ahead of time, BTW. :)

Alright thank you very much for your reply! :)
And of course I have to ask in advance I mean no "harm" nor do I wish to annoy this forum or its users! :) I will post pictures/links in this thread later today. Thank you for your reply! And thanks for running a great website that deals with mac topics!

That should be absolutely fine; there are plenty of threads with people asking for constructive criticism for their logo/website! As long as you're not actively trying to sell/promote something, it's all good. :)

Thank you mate - Like for that polite answer! Gave you a like ;)

Reactions: keysofanxiety

Shemlock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 31, 2016
Denmark
Hello again and thank you so much for letting me post my pictures here!

So I work as a freelancer in my sparetime working on websites to improve my skills and help out others with their website troubles, the tasks are very different, which I like very much because not one week is similar to the past. Last week I was contacted by a company that wanted me to help them out with their website in particular their contact information on their frontpage. The first picture will be the before I started working and the next will be the how it looks currently. My question is, do you think it is worthy to go live or is it too childish? The buttons "disappear" when the company decides to go offline in Zopim Chat - that way they are not spammed with messages while not at their pc's.

Before

VwFICkY.png

After

68QghGb.png

If you want to see it as a whole, you can visit JUSTMONEY's website.
Please answer the below questions:
  1. How do you like it?
  2. What could be different?
  3. Should there be more padding from the boxes towards the top?
  4. Do you like the color scheme?
  5. Anything else?
Thank you so much! I really appreciate every kind of feedback that I can get on this as the company is very strict I want to get the assignment done perfect to meet their expectations :)

I hope you will take your time to review my work.

Kind regards

Reactions: Michael Anthony

JamieLion

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2016
Heya,

I had a quick poke around and it's pretty good. However, you need to take a look at the accessibility side of things. The site does not work with the keyboard or with voiceover (a screen reader) and that's a problem for any professional level client.

Hope that helps, if you'd like a hand making it work with keyboard etc, let me know, happy to help.

Cheers,

Jamie + Lion

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.