Are we expecting a refresh of the 5k iMac this fall?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by VertPin, Aug 3, 2016.

  1. VertPin macrumors 6502

    VertPin

    Joined:
    Nov 12, 2015
    #1
    I'm really in the market for a new computer, and definitely want one of these 5K beasts. Is anyone expecting there to be a refresh this September or October?
     
  2. Goody13 macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2016
    Location:
    Plymouth, UK
    #2
    I think there may be one or two other threads on this ... ;)
     
  3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

    Joined:
    Oct 24, 2013
    #3
    There is much debate, while there will be new Polaris graphics cards available, it's looking unlikely that Kabylake will be with us in the form that iMacs need until Feb/March next year.

    So Apple have a couple of choices do a silent update and put in the new graphics with the current skylake or wait for Kabylake next year and do it all together.

    Sorry but which way they are leaning is completely unknown at the moment, but looking at the wait on chips etc for the rMBP's and how long that has taken and delayed new MacBook pros means it could be more like spring next year.
     
  4. maflynn Moderator

    maflynn

    Staff Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2009
    Location:
    Boston
    #4
    Just look around the forum, people are asking this very question. Yes, people are expecting a refresh, what no one knows is what it will entail. Kaby lake won't be ready for 2017, so does that mean skylake for the 21" and a better dGPU for the 27" (which is already on skylake)? Who knows.
     

Share This Page