iPad mini Are we expecting the same problems on the retina Mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by puma1552, Nov 12, 2013.

1. puma1552 macrumors 601

I've got one on order for my wife, safe to say we will see the same RAM problems and screen problems with the new mini as with the Air?

Those with the new retina minis, please chime in with how your screen is and if you are having any issues with RAM/crashing.

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Don't know about actual problems, but for sure expect the tons of threads about complaints about problems....

3. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Haven't used mine for too long yet, but the only issue I noticed so far is a piece of dust under the screen. :(

4. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

Yeah, I'd definitely hold off on placing an order for any White/Silver, 16GB, LTE models as they're likely all defective. Once I have mine I'll post back with the all-clear and then you guys can order.

;)

5. Yptcn macrumors 6502a

Yptcn

That's the only thing we can be 100% sure about :D

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I see what you did there... :D

7. WilliamBateman macrumors regular

Just got my 16gb wifi retina mini and the yellow tint is worse than the air I returned. It's all over the screen Prather than just bottom left. When you tilt it down and look at it from an almost flat angle, it's pure white, bring it up and it turnips yellow. I'm really starting to dislike apple. This is inexcusable for such a gigantic company that places emphasis on quality. I may return this for a nexus 8 when it's released.

8. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

I think you're the first person to post about the tilt thing. My Air has a slight yellow hue on one side, but that yellow turns blue when it's tilted closer to my chin! I've asked this in other threads, but has anyone here ever seen another IGZO display? According to an October 2013 Gizmodo article, IGZO displays were almost entirely unseen outside the Asian market. This could very well be what IGZO displays look like.... :confused:

9. bwsteg macrumors 6502

I have yellow tint issues on my mini retina. Also looks dull compared to air. And the ram issues are still present since that has more to do with lack of memory, it seems.

10. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Internet Truth #342

If one person online is happy with a product then the reader assumes one person is happy with that product. If one person online has an issue with a product then the reader assumes it's widespread and should be subject to manufactures recall.

11. mpayne2k macrumors 6502a

mpayne2k

I've already returned one rMini due to screen tint issues/unevenness. My replacement is barely noticeable and I'm okay with any tint variance enough to keep it...the guys at the store were real nice about my exchange so I'm a happy camper.

I haven't noticed the washed out colors like others are saying.

12. FrankB1191 macrumors 6502a

What's Internet Truth #1 ??? :D

Seriously, has anyone else tilted their screen and noticed the yellow hue disappears, or even turns blue? I'm happy with my Air's display, and noticed the tilting thing a couple of days ago. My keyboard is on the right hand side of my screen as I type this, and tilting it toward my chin makes it change from slight blue to slight yellow. I'm talking about a 10-20 degree tilt, and nothing dramatic. Do people who see the yellow tint view their display straight on?

Soooooo.... Has anyone ever seen an IGZO display prior to the Air and rMini?

13. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

There is an inverse correlation between your Internet speed and need to finish work on a deadline.

14. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

Not surprised to hear of screen unevenness issues. This is the same tech that's used in the Air.

But be careful if you raise any issues - be ready for a horde of people talking out of their collective rear ends and claiming you have OCD, etc. lol