Are we going to see 3D in our OS devices

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mikes2pads, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

IMO yes but sooner or later is hard to figure. Ipad4 seems like it is in that window of time as the sequence of events unfold in these devices. I'm loosing money by selling these devices every 6 or 10 months. Geez.

2. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

A) I wouldn't bet on 3D until your average middle aged or older person can use it for hours without getting a headache.

B) You know you don't have to upgrade every year, right? Let alone every 6-10 months.

3. Mikes2pads thread starter macrumors regular

Pl

You could look at it that way but the same was said for small screens not long ago. 9.7" is a luxury now compared to our phones.

4. urkel, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012

urkel macrumors 68030

Only if there's an on and off switch for it. I dont mind it as an optional feature but some people are violently against 3D.

BTW. my guess is the first 3D iOS device will be the Apple TV. It makes more sense than a handheld device.

5. poloponies Suspended

Is this a feature that's in high demand? I own a 3DTV and I've used that feature maybe twice. It's cool but essentially pointless. Maybe 5 years from now it will be a useful essential feature but from what I've seen of its current implementation, why bother?

6. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

I hope not. My neighbor invited me over to watch his new 3D TV and I really did not like it.

7. barkomatic macrumors 68040

If Apple does offer 3D on its iDevices it will because its a much better implementation than the gimmicky offerings on the market now. Did you see the EVO 3D? Horrible.