Are we slowly becoming the Navy and no longer Pirates?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by D1G1T4L, Oct 17, 2007.

1. D1G1T4L macrumors 68000

D1G1T4L

Just wondering if anyone feels Apple is slowly becoming the Navy?

Has it already?

Has the increase of market share helped or hurt the end user?

2. Accylad macrumors member

Accylad

Maybe now is the time to get some anti virus software installed!

3. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Must admit, I love your avatar!

IMHO, the pirate has gone "organised" and "commercial". I wouldn't call them the navy just yet.
    The fact that Leopard will presumably still be serial number free, and that Apple's software (pro - like FCS, or productivity - like iWork, or home - like iLife) still doesn't have aggressive anti-piracy headaches gives me a positive feeling.
    Because Apple has a lot more cash than they did a couple of years ago, it is easier for them to hire very talented programmers and engineers so that Leopard will be the best OS ever, and that Apple's software and hardware is better than ever.

4. hyddan macrumors member

Aye, I agree that we're not in the port as navy just yet. And as long as Steve Jobs is our captain I think we can still sail pretty safe. The man has visions!

Edit
    Oh and Apple does have an almost cult like user base (that'd be us arr) who are good honest men(and women) right? swab those deck lubbers!

5. Trepex macrumors 6502a

Trepex

I think it's helping. With a greater following, prices will probably keep dropping if nothing else. Let's just hope that the script kiddies don't decide to start targeting the ever increasing collective of Apple users with malware and virii :p