All iPads Are we still getting anti-glare tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Yr Blues, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

Would probably make for better battery life. I wish they used this on the iPhone 6.

Other rumors includes an updated Apple logo.

I love the 3D on the 3DS and would like to watch 3D movies on the iPad but the chances are next to nothing.

[​IMG]

2. charlituna macrumors G3

charlituna

Still implies that we were told officially we were ever getting it. We weren't told such a thing so who knows

3. vigilant macrumors 6502

vigilant

The iPhone 6 does have a polarizer which helps tremendously in daylight, and fixes rainbow effect seen if you have polarized sunglasses (at least for me on Oakley Juliets, and Oakley Crosshair 2.0).

Hard to say what the actual changes will be though. From what we've seen I expect the iPad Mini to get lighter, and the iPad Air to get thinner. If they finally start optically bonding the screen to the glass that alone would help tremendously.

The hard part is that others have optically bonded screens to the glass, and other screen technologies. But Apple traditionally sells many times more units of their devices compared to say the Kindle Fire (higher color accuracy) or Surface (optically bonded at similar screen size).

I'd expect a thinner screen system for the iPad Mini leading to thinner design. I'd expect the iPad Air to possibly get optically with maybe a polarizer.

Important thing to remember is that the iPad Air is still about 50% lighter then tablets in it's class. Outside of refined bonding to the glass I don't think there is much they can do with the screen itself.

4. addictzz macrumors 6502

Seriously? I always turn off the 3D in my 3DS.

5. Traverse macrumors 604

Traverse

I really hope so.

2GB of RAM
    Touch ID
    Antiglare
    Digitizer

OH YES!

6. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

flying games feel huge

mario 3d and zelda gives a novel way of solving puzzles

makes me feel immersed

also, steve jobs' pixar movies are all great in 3d

but everyone is different ;)

7. addictzz macrumors 6502

I agree with you :).

It's rare to see somebody in the forum who does not flame others for disagreeing with them.

8. Yr Blues thread starter macrumors 68020

i guess 50% anti-glare is better than nothing :p