Are we stuck with our new contract if you return iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shanewilliams, Jun 27, 2010.

1. Shanewilliams macrumors 6502a

I'm now on my 2nd phone and the reception issues are still the same. I'm giving apple until this Friday to come up with some solution and I'm returning this paperweight! I am comtinously on the road for work in areas that would Have 3-4 bars on my 3G but nothing on iPhone 4. Is anyone familiar with being upgrade eligible, signing a new 2
    Year contract and then returning the phone? Do you go back on your original contract? I love the iPhone 4 except for the fact that I can't do what I need it to, make phone calls! Maybe we were misinformed and this is the new iPod!

2. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

no. You will be out of your contract/ your upgrade will be refunded to you.

3. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

I would think you would go back to your previous contract, as long as you return the phone within 30 days of initial purchase.

4. thatsmyaibo macrumors regular

^^^ This is correct.

Find out what your grace period is. In CA it is 30 days and you can return your phone and get your upgrade status back and relieved from your contract. The process may take 7 days from the day you return it.

5. bobdigi macrumors regular

6. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

I asked AT&T and Apple the same thing, I was in the Apple store today and it is like they deny the situation. The Genius bar only wants to replace it or reset your Network settings, but they say they have seen very little problems with the i4 which I find strange.

I told them if the phone isn't fix tomorrow and I still drop calls and go to areas where I had good service with my 3GS but get no bars with the i4 in a case then I want to go back to my 3GS and give Apple all the time they need to work out the bugs.

Apple and AT&T will take the phone back and re-activate my 3GS however you need a new SIM card because the one you had in your 3GS is no longer good. Apple returns your phone, then you have to goto an AT&T store get a new SIM then they activate it, also show AT&T your i4 return slip they will put your contract back to where it was before you purchased the i4

7. Bawstun macrumors 65816

Bawstun

I have a similar question to tack on: what if you were an early upgrader?

I paid $399 for the phone and am seriously considering returning it to hold out for a white version, whenever that may be. I want to return it this weekend well before the 30 days and then just wait for the white.

But will my 'early upgrade' status rollback so when the white is released I can purchase that for $399? Or does it stick with my new 2-year addition and now I will be charged the $599?

8. ilpadrino6 macrumors member

how long will it take att to revert back to your original contract? and how soon can u use your upgrade to purchase a different phone?