iPad Pro Are we SURE there's no Touch ID 2 in iPad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Brookzy, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Brookzy macrumors 601

Brookzy

Because for me it's significantly faster than my iPad Air 2 was, and is almost as fast as my 6S Plus.

image.gif

2. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

i dont know. i assume it's not ID2 else they'd have delighted in telling us already.

i'd heard a few tales it was quite slow, but, having never used Touch ID in my life before a couple of hours ago on my Pro i thought it mighty impressive and very fast/responsive.

3. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

I'm wondering before the new iPhones came out where people complaining about Touch ID being too slow? I use my iPad Air 2 every day and I've never once thought unlocking it was too slow. I just compared it to my 6S and the difference between the two is nearly imperceptible. I swear the only reason people care now is because they know. If they didn't know they probably wouldn't even notice the difference. I do find the complaints amusing considering after the new iPhones came out people were complaining that Touch ID was too fast now and they would miss notifications on the lock screen because it unlocked so fast.

4. mikezmac, Nov 12, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2015

mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Compare it to the iPhone 6S. It's a lot slower. However it's a tablet. It's not like your cell phone that you pull out over 20 times a day. On my iPad I don't need that superfast access, typically when I turn my iPad on it's going to be on for a little bit if not a long while

5. Brookzy thread starter macrumors 601

Brookzy

Erm... That is a 6S.

6. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Woo woo apple police in the house!
    Ty for the correction.
    ;)

*fixed*

7. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I don't know which generation is in the 6 Plus... but the Pro seems faster than that. So I'm happy either way. :)