Are we talking about a cellphone or a kidney!?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bhimpele, Jun 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhimpele macrumors member

I love the iPhone as much as the next guy, but to really let it ruin your day or life (as some people are making this out to be) is a bit much. We are all spoiled and should realize what is/isn't worth getting as upset as some people are on here.
    Just my .02, and go ahead, let the blasting begin. I can take it.

2. Built macrumors 68020

They are frustrated and it is understandable given the time, effort and anticipation they put into it,

I, for one, understand how they feel.

3. army91c macrumors 6502a

I'm trying to get a new kidney..... There's a new iPhone coming out?

4. bhimpele thread starter macrumors member

I agree, it's disappointing and frustrating. But not the end of the world.

5. gazzrenn macrumors 6502a

gazzrenn

I have a spare kidney in cryo storage, anyone wanna swap?

6. bhimpele thread starter macrumors member

7. SonoViva macrumors 6502

SonoViva

I agree that some people are way too upset, but I can understand the frustration. I mean, you expect the thing to take about 10 minutes max and it ends up being a daylong process. That would be annoying for anything.

8. VladM macrumors regular

Someone put time and effort into pre-ordering an iPhone? Wow.

9. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Hundreds of thousands of people are without a job.

A lot of people need an organ transplant to live.

Those problems pale to not getting your iPhone the day you want it. Don't get me started on not having a white one.

10. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

Yeah...but you take pictures in a mirror of your biceps, so your opinion is completely irrelevant. :D

11. Built macrumors 68020

I won't have to take pictures in a mirror with the new forward-facing camera so I will be able to bombard you all with more images of my biceps and chest.

12. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

No...I definitely would, but if it would help I'll tell you over facetime. Hahaha!

You'll have to forgive the fact that I'm a complete smart@$$. Though, given that you actually did take a picture...in a mirror...with your cell phone...of your bicep, well, you might be leaning towards being a tool.

13. Built macrumors 68020

This post is a perfect example of how badly this forum is deteriorating.

14. Built macrumors 68020

Dude, I've been in "competition" mode for years. I've taken PLENTY of pictures both in mirrors, and have had pictures taken of myself by others.

Too bad you will never understand the dedication it takes to build your body...I have built my mind as well with a BA from Duke and Masters from UCLA.

Some people understand the need to be well-rounded. The discipline tha bodybuilding has taught me has also served me well in my personal, and intellectual, life.

15. VladM macrumors regular

Yeah, sure. We should all take pics of ourselves in the mirror and use them as avatars to get the standard up where it should be. :p Oh wow, would you look at the time. You better be off for your next deca shot.

16. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Absolutely agree - idiots think it's so easy to 'get big' or 'cut up' - it's not. It's a science - there is so much dedication and discipline involved. People find it weird that I graduated medical school - produce music and am a fitness freak - they can't put everything together, which is tragic.

("Wait so you're into bodybuilding.. but you're a doctor???" .. or "you make music but you don't smoke weed???")

17. Flhusky macrumors 6502a

Flhusky

I'll wait for iPhone 4Gs in 6~ months. Then let the whiners whine.

18. ajsnow6234 macrumors 6502

What are you talking about!? I never implied I don't understand blah blah blah or one thing or the other.

I made a smart remark about your silly little self-taken mirror picture.

Not that it has any weight in the matter, but I'm in the military. Fitness and discipline in part of my daily life. Last thing I need is a pumped up dude on too much SuperPump250 telling me what I do and do not understand. Dang...take a joke.

19. Built macrumors 68020

Thanks, music. So true...For example, it's 0423 here in LA, and I am up ready for the gym. I have a LONG day ahead of me...but still I do it...

You are so right on the money. The fact that someone is so well-rounded guy actually surprises people, and ironically enough, attracts insults from haters. There really is nothing more threatening to a person who doesn't have discipline in their life than somebody who does.

The fact that you were able to accomplish all that speaks volumes for you. :)

I can really only pity them for their lack of dedication and discipline.

Thanks for the great response and congrats on your great accomplishments.

20. Built macrumors 68020

Ummm...yeah...:rolleyes:

21. Sketchr macrumors 6502a

but what's the point of this thread?

To really let someone else's frustration with the preorder process ruin your day is a bit much.

It's just a message board to share experiences and vent.

Just my .02 :D

22. jamesryanbell macrumors 68020

jamesryanbell

A kidney. If you don't have the prowess of having it the first day, you're a lesser geek. I may very well fall into that pile this time. :(
    ;)

23. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

While I do understand the frustration, please do not create threads just to criticize the statements people make in other threads or start fights about what is an okay post and what is not an okay post... Feel free to report problem posts, or move on to another thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.