Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
I'm thinking of going to a workshop for iMovie 09. because I only just bought it and want to know all the new features.

Would anyone recommend going ? How many people usually go ?

Thanks anyone who can input :)

kornyboy

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2004
Knoxville, TN (USA)
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I went to one a long time ago. I found it helpful but it was definitely geared toward the beginner (as in I haven't seen a computer before). I'd say check it out and if it's not for you, you don't have to go to another one.

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
It really depends on the skill level of the other people in the workshop. You can have workshops with 8 people, or you could be the only one there. Just be prepared with some questions in case it is too basic for you, so you can get a lot out of it. The people who run the workshops are generally much more knowledgeable than they teach in that class. Most of them are Creatives who teach One on Ones and can go very deep into the applications.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
okay. well im a very knowledgeable mac user. so i hope that there isnt a newbie XD

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
I'm the type of guy who reads the emergency handbook from cover to cover every time he boards a plane - so I usually go to the beginner courses to make sure there are no basics I'm missing out on. I found the workshops delivered what I wanted out of them. However if you believe you're an advanced user then One To One as said above might be a better idea. Not only do you get a canned lesson if you want it, you're also in a better position to be able to ask more questions.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
A lot of stores are doing the "hands-on" workshops, where attendees actually get to do stuff on the Macs while learning. This is a lot different from the older workshops where attendees just stood around watching a demo.

IMO, the $99 One to One personal training program is awesome. $99 gives you the ability to come in once a week for a 50-minute session with a personal trainer, where you can bring your own Mac and work on your own content.

marold280

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 16, 2008
Just got back from the apple store. if anyone is still interested.
It was very very good.
It was the apple guy, me and one other guy. this other guy was really old and was annoyed that i had mac's for the past 3 years and he had only switched in April XD

ANYWAY. the actual workshop was really good. I learnt more than my fair share. it was definitely worth going to and i am going to go to another soon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.