ARE YOU A GENIUS? help me on this Screensaver issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by macbookprofan, Jun 26, 2007.

1. macbookprofan macrumors member

Simple question, some brain required so solve it.

I want to run the itunes artwork screensaver on my macbook pro.

However all of my music collection (75gb) is on my external hard drive.

How can I copy lets say only the artwork so my computer may recognize it and display it as the screensaver while the external HDD is unplugged?

p.s: I do not want to copy the music in the mbp hdd.

THANKS A LOT!

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

Your artwork should be in your Music>iTunes>Album Artwork directory on your local HD.

3. macbookprofan thread starter macrumors member

thanks I already copied the whole itunes folder on the external drive into my computer hdd itunes folder, it keeps telling me that I have no artwork in my mac, only when I connect the external HDD.

4. macbookprofan thread starter macrumors member

HELP PLEASE!

I really want to have my artwork screensaver without copying the songs to the mbp hard drive.

5. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

Try this (not that I have any idea whether this will work):

You basically want your system to think that everything is still on your computer. So in Music>iTunes, you want all the files to be there except for your "iTunes Music" folder. So instead of pointing iTunes to your external HD, point iTunes back to its original location, and move everything except for your "iTunes Music" folder back (so move the library files and the album artwork file) .

Then go to your external HD and create an alias of the "iTunes Music" folder. Move it to where the "iTunes Music" folder usually is on your (internal) HD, and rename it to "iTunes Music".

<Fingers crossed> ...and I hope you understand what I'm saying, it's kinda hard to put into words.