Votes: 37 17.2%

• Total voters

DoNoHarm

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Maine
What if your neither?
I actually just went to a seminar on medicine to underserved populations where they discussed intersex persons and it did cross my mind to put more options. I just wanted to make the survey more simple. If you are neither or are confused about what to write, then just put whatever is written on your drivers licence.

Ca$hflow

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
London, ON
I actually just went to a seminar on medicine to underserved populations where they discussed intersex persons and it did cross my mind to put more options. I just wanted to make the survey more simple. If you are neither or are confused about what to write, then just put whatever is written on your drivers licence.
Oh in that case... a man. :confused:

Little Endian

macrumors 6502a
Apr 9, 2003
Honolulu
I've always wondered what the M:F ratio of Macrumors was...
I have thought about the M:F sex ratio on this site before but always assumed the ratio was either 3:1 or 4:1 and your poll seems to verify this. Either way it would be safe to assume that Females make up less than 25% of the MacRumors community. Another factor would be the sex ratio in conjunction to forum participation and frequency of visiting the site. While women may make up a smaller part of this community I would say that they make more than their fair share of contributions to forums.

Ca$hflow

macrumors 6502
Jan 7, 2010
London, ON
Maybe there are actually MANY more women here than men, but it's mostly the men who feel the need to affirm their maleness via a poll. :p
or Many more men here vote as women. No different than in WOW there are guys that play woman characters.:eek:

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Maybe there are actually MANY more women here than men, but it's mostly the men who feel the need to affirm their maleness via a poll. :p
*shrug* I don't understand the charm.... :p

I have thought about the M:F sex ratio on this site before but always assumed the ratio was either 3:1 or 4:1 and your poll seems to verify this.
I feel like this was done more recently than 2008, but that poll came up with about 15% of respondants female.

63dot

macrumors 603
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Where is the option for "decline to state".

And who really cares as long as we all put in our say and help guess as to what Apple may be up to and how their products can fit into our lives.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Like women never assert theirs with poles. Wait, what?