Are you a night owl?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by SamIchi, Feb 20, 2008.

?

Night owl or Morning person?

1. Night Owl

68.6%
  2. Perky morning'er

9.8%
  3. Doesn't matter

21.6%
  1. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

It seems like I'm more awake at night... I did take a nap earlier, but whenever night rolls around, I'm just stay awake. During the day, even if I've had a full night's sleep get tired and sleepy. Unless I'm on a strict schedule of waking up in the morning, once that schedule doesn't require me to wake up I stay up late and later every night. Makes me think I wasn't built for this world of getting up with the sun. I wouldn't mind waking up early but unless I have a regular sleep schedule, it really messes with my stomach. I hate that.

So, are you a night or morning person?

2. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

I'm pm, which painfully conflicts with the kids, who are way too am for my liking.

I do my best thinking from 4-8 pm.

And I think I'm gonna be up in four hours.

3. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

Night, without a doubt. It's nearly midnight (Midnight in A Perfect World by DJ Shadow playing :D) and I'm fine. But then again I'll be gone by then because my mom wants me off before 12.00. :p

4. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I used to be an absolute night owl, but since moving to California (from the east coast) and going to law school, for some reason I get extremely tired by midnight, and tend to get up at 8am or 9am no problems, even on weekends.

Maybe it's something in the air. Or the 3-hour difference.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Definitely a night owl. For some reason I can concentrate a lot better at night.

6. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Damn Mac computer. Can't seem to get enough of it and stay awake until 2-3 a.m. playing on the internet. I guess I could start earlier so I could go to bed earlier, but I get too caught up in doing other things (take home work, TV, wife, dog, newspaper, etc.) to get started any earlier than 10 or 11 pm. So, I'm definitely more of a night person. But I do still get up before 7 because there is just too many fun things to do to sleep my life away. Anyway, back to my Mac ...

7. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

I typically hit the sack between midnight and 1am and I'm between 7 and 8 (even on weekends).

Lethal

8. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I'm still doing my homework, hehe...
    ... seriously though, with all these AP classes, I have tons of work.

And I insist on doing everything on the computer since my technical skills exceed my pen to paper skills...

... maybe it's because whenever people look at my writing they always reference Thomas Jefferson's on the Declaration of Independence.

Anyways, I am a night owl.
    Even on days when I go to sleep early I stay up late on my iPhone in bed.

Oh, and I get up at 5 AM
    I'm probably going to kill myself at this rate :p

9. Badandy macrumors 68040

Badandy

You probably won't end up killing yourself, but you will burn out faster and have less concentration and mental ability during the hours you are awake.

I go to college, and while I've been a "morning person" for my entire life before college, I somehow manage to stay up until 2:30am every night.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I'm a night person. I stay up late for no reason. Usually, I just go to MacRumours and check the same 4 or 5 forums every 3 or 4 minutes until something pops up.

It doesn't happen every night, but it happens every 2 weeks or so. That's still too often. I should be able to go to sleep at an earlier time.

Actually, I'm going to start that soon. I'll wake up at 7:45 AM every day.

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I voted 'doesn't matter' because I am somewhere in the middle. Not a night owl, not a morning person.

I kinda grew out of my night owl phase. Now I'm just an old fart and I like to go to bed at a reasonable hour because sleep matters to me now.
    I spent years of my life with insomnia and I have a huge appreciation for my recent ability to sleep.

12. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

My tendencies are such that I'm a night owl, but my job says otherwise. I'm up at 5 a.m. I'm a teacher and our school day starts at 7:15 a.m. despite all studies indicating teenagers aren't awake at that hour. Nor are most of the teachers.

Weekends I tend to stay up late.

13. nikopolidis macrumors regular

I am night owl still. But I'm trying to get rid of this way of living.. I think it is not very good to go to bed lately and wake up lately.. Biorithms make sense. :) I think it is perfect for me to go sleep at 01.00 in the night and to wake up not later that 10.00 (at workdays). My education and work allow me to wake up lately but I just want to turn to new routine...

14. brad.c macrumors 68020

brad.c

Wow. I can't reconcile "old fart" with your current 'tar. Geez, those girls really like that potato chip. Or "crisp", I should say.

15. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

It's 1:52 AM right now, and I'm sitting in front of the computer, posting at MR. I have uni tomorrow morning.

Yes, I'm a night owl.

16. Ryox macrumors 6502a

Ryox

I have no Idea why but I seem more active at night...

17. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I can't believe that I'm still the only AM person. :eek:

The mornings are bestest. If it's to be a hot summery day, then they're cool and hint at the lovely day ahead. If it's a cool wintery day, then mornings often promise eerie mysterious fog. Plus-- they're usually quiet. ;) Mmm.

I often wake up between 4:30-6am. That's my normal time frame. I was up late for me last night--2:30am and so woke up later than usual, about 6:45am. :eek:

18. MacBook-Gal macrumors regular

I am definitely a night owl! I usually have trouble sleeping if I go to bed early, so I usually stay up till about 1 or so fooling around on the computer or reading.

19. RHD macrumors 6502

Night Owl.

Unless I have to adopt other hours for work purposes which I do when necessary, my natural day resets to get up about 11am and go to bed about 3am. Eight hours sleep is eight hours sleep whenever you take it.

20. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

110% a morning person here, often I'm in bed by 9pm and up again at 6am.

Can get more done in the mornings, while everyone is in bed.

21. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

Deginitely a night owl here. I just feel more alive in the evenings.

22. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

very much a morning person. Even at weekends I'm up by 7am and totally knackered by 10pm and ready for my bed.

23. cycocelica macrumors 68000

cycocelica

I am both a night owl and early bird. I find sleep time consuming and a waste of the day.

24. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

That's amazing. I wish I were that way sometimes. I think if I lived near the ocean that I would get up earlier more often to see the weather you describe.

25. gloryofgreece macrumors member

I am kinda inbetween. Work fulltime and go to school fulltime. You get sleep whenever u can. :(