Are you addicted to your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SRLMJ23, Jun 21, 2011.

1. SRLMJ23 macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

I would say I most definitely am, I use it at all possible times and usually when I am not using my iPad I am using my iPhone so I am addicted to that as well!! Oh well, doesn't bother me.

2. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

An addiction is when you can absolutely not stay away from something, your brain relies on the thing you are addicted to to function. I am not addicted to any of my iOS devices. If you have some sort of an addiction or mental attachment to any of your iOS devices, I recommend you see help.

3. TroyJam macrumors member

TroyJam

Trying to figure a way to bring it in the shower with me.
    Does that mean yes??

4. henry72, Jun 21, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2011

henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I still can't believe how magical it is. I use it everyday and it became my main computer. :D
    I love it so much.

Does that mean I'm addicted?

5. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

I don't really use mine that much, but it still is AMAZING. I love to use it when im laying on my LoveSac and just chillin on the internet :)

6. genexrocket macrumors regular

7. GP_1 macrumors regular

Addicted? No. Love it & always mess around on it? Yes.

8. SRLMJ23 thread starter macrumors 68000

SRLMJ23

Ok, I'm a medical resident and when I said addicted I really didn't mean like a medical addiction, I guess a better word would have been reliant, I guess?

9. taipan61 macrumors 6502

reliant, yeah i would say so, it's much easier to check emails, stocks, weather, etc than turning on the laptop and going through all of the boot up, passwords and such

addicted no, can live without

10. macsis macrumors newbie

I just bought the old iPad 1 with 64GB and 3G for the price of a new 16GB iPad 2.

Definately addicted already after 24 hours.:rolleyes:

11. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Gotta be more careful with your use of language as a physician.

I use computing devices no more than I did before the iPad. The iPad has just poached a lot of my computing time from my other devices.

12. AppleMacDudeG4 macrumors member

Not addicted

I would not say that I am addicted to my iPad but I do use it frequently since it does most of the things that I want to do on a daily basis. The fact that it is instant on as opposed to waiting for my MacBook Pro to boot up is the reason that I use it more.

13. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

My free time at night (after 8:00 pm and the wife and kids are sleeping) used to be largely devoted to gaming on my 360, PS3, or PC or watching Netflix/Hulu on TV. Since getting my iPad, I have been using it all the way up until I go to bed every night. It's so much fun for me to be able to do anything I want on my iPad right from bed and then put it down and close my eyes when it's time to sleep. I'm actually getting more sleep and better quality sleep because I'm not falling asleep on the couch every night and then waking myself to go upstairs and go to bed.

I could see myself someday getting rid of all the gaming stuff and going with more casual gaming on my iPad or whatever device is the in thing at the time. I use my home entertainment devices a lot less now that I carry all my entertainment with me.

14. xxstatic macrumors member

Addicted no.

But it has become kind of a "Swiss Army knife" of gadgets for me and I am not very far from it for any long periods of time.:)

15. iMacThere4Iam macrumors regular

16. InternetDude08 macrumors regular

I pretty much am addicted to it. I hardly use my iMac and iPhone any more. I probably average about 5 hours a day on my iPad 2. No, I'm not kidding.

17. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

5 hours average sounds normal to me.