Are you all gonna get the new iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gregdrummeraz, Jun 13, 2008.

?

Are going to get the new iPhone 3G?

1. Yes

28 vote(s)
    71.8%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. Want to, but can not unlock it as of now.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. sticking with 1G, or buying a 1G

7 vote(s)
    17.9%
  1. gregdrummeraz macrumors 6502

I was wandering what it will look like, who's getting it.

Just a simple poll. :)

2. sassenach74 macrumors 65816

sassenach74

Do you mean you are wondering what the new iPhone looks like?
    I'm confused :p

Either way, I've voted a big YES, I held off on version 1 (mostly due to being stuck on a contract for another 9 months).
    I don't have a single realistic complaint about the iPhone 3G.

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

No getting around it; I gotta' have the newest and the best from Apple! :p

4. lokiju macrumors 6502

I'm going to get two.

One for me and one for the wife.

5. onlycopunk macrumors 6502

I'll stick with v1 until it dies. Unless Vodafone offers some decently priced plans. But that most likely wont happen as I refuse to spend more then $50/month on a phone plan.

6. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

I not blown away by the new one, but I think I will get it anyway because it's more affordable - assuming corporate discounts will be in effect.

7. gregdrummeraz thread starter macrumors 6502

I meant sales numbers haha.. how many will go get it. I hear a lot of b**hy people about it.

wahhhh I cant make it do soemthing it is not supposed to.... my gosh. :rolleyes:

8. xyion1 macrumors regular

I'm sticking with my 1G for now. I was all ready to buy it, especially at $199/$299 but the potential plan pricing killed it.

I know that it will be close to the cost of a 1G iPhone when all is said and done, and truth be told, if FAN discounts apply then it will only cost $1 or $2 more a month for me to switch (monthly) then I might do it.

But still, based on principle alone, I don't want to support wireless companies price premiums by paying >$70/month for wireless service. Heck, I didnt want to pay the $60 for iPhone 1G but it is such a great product. Besides, shouldn't prices be coming down? I paid LESS for wireless service monthly 4 years ago in college...with no data plan I'll admit, but come ON 25c for 1 txt message?....and charge BOTH ways, incoming used to be FREE! (And don't give me the network congestion stuff, its still 1/100th the bandwidth of voice. Which is why you can send a txt at midnight on New Years no problem but can't make a call) Anyways, its their right to make profit by raising prices, and its my right to say no. Which is what I'm doing.

If they offered a voice plan of 300minutes + data & 200txt for $50 I'd reconsider. Heck, several of my friends with smartphones (tilt, etc) talk their way into getting the $20 mediamax plan, why should I pay a $10 premium? (yes, I already know about Sprint SERO)